2013 Club Championship races
- For most races listed below, each entrant will be awarded points based on their position, ie if 5 club entrants participate, the 1st will be awarded 5 points, 2nd 4 points, etc. If there are less 3 entrants, the first will receive 3 points.
- Any Marathon will be based on your single best time, and awarded in a similar fashion as above when compared against other club member's times.
- The completion of up to two Ultra Marathons will mean any runner who finishes will receive 3 points for each race, regardless of position.
- For the club 5K handicap, the winner each month will receive 3 points (Jan-Dec 2013). You can win this as many times as you like!
- Parkruns will be scored as your best 2 times for any race between April and September) and ranked alongside every other position (same point system as 1. above). For more info on the weekly Parkruns, which are organised at various locations, see http://www.parkrun.org.uk/.
You will note that we have introduced a new point system for marshalling. Dunbar hosts 3 races, and each club member who marshalls at a club event will receive 2 points for each race. We generally do not encourage club members to run the club races, as there is always a shortage of volunteers to help out with marshalling, timekeeping and positions - your assistance with the club events will be much appreciated in 2013.
24 February – Devilla Forest 15K
6 April - Dunbar 10K (marshall points)
28 April – Heaven & Hell Half (Perth)
4 May - Edinburgh – NB
8 June - Traprain Law
16 June - Bamburgh 10K
? June - Portobello 4 mile race
23 June - Alnwick 5K/10K/HM - club coach trip
20 July - Musselburgh 10K
7 August - NB Law race
10 August - Haddington HM
15 September – Stirling 10K
? Doon Hill Race (marshall points)
9 November – Tinto Hill Race
Borders XC (Dunbar leg marshall points)
31 December - Dunbar Black Bun Run
· Best Marathon time
· Any Ultra Marathon, max of 2 (3 points each)
· Monthly Club 5K handicap win (3 points)
· Your best 2 parkruns April – September