Applications for the Glasgow 2014 Volunteering Programme close on 28th
February, and your help is needed to ensure that the Games has a
volunteer workforce that reflects Scotland's diversity and features
volunteers from every part of Scotland.
15,000 volunteers are needed to make the Games a success, so please
share this with your networks to encourage any budding volunteers to
Go to www.glasgow2014.com/volunteer
* There are specialist volunteer roles such as sports officials,
nurses and physiotherapists but the vast majority of roles require
friendliness and enthusiasm rather than formal qualifications.
* Applicants need to be aged 16 or over at time of application, able
to attend an interview and 3-4 days training in Glasgow in advance of
the Games and be available for at least eight (unforgettable) days
between 23 July 2014 and 3 August 2014
* Applications need to be completed online but help getting online and
completing the form is available from every library in Scotland.
* Glasgow 2014 want the mix of volunteers to reflect Scotland's
diversity and to be recruited from every part of the country
* With support from the Big Lottery Fund and Scottish Government,
small grants are available to meet travel, care and other costs to
successful applicants who would not otherwise be able to volunteer.