It has been decided that there will be a few slight changes this year.
First up. As well as an overall "champion" we are going to have a few titles within the championship. We will be looking to find a club 10k champion and a half marathon champion, and a cross country champ. So, while the list of races may contain one or more 10k races one will be chosen as the championship race.
Another change will be that we will be awarding points for performance at any marathon. So a runners best time this year will count to their overall scores.
The provisional list is........
- The Gala 10k - 11/04/10
- Black Rock 5 - 11/6/10
- Peebles 10k - 20/6/10 (trail race this year??)
- Musselburgh 10k - July Championship 10k
- Haddington Half - First Saturday in August?
- Hawick Half - September
- Norham 10k - September
- Jedburgh Half - October Championship half
- Cross Country (One in November, December and January 2011 - dates and venues not yet known)
- Plus: Any marathon.
As already stated this list is, by necessity, a bit sketchy right now. We will "firm up" the dates and publish a better table as soon as we get details.
WANTED: A volunteer to calculate, collate and publish the results .... don't all rush now.